How Finsbury Food Group developed a strong foundation for its 2020 - 2022 business plans
UK-based bakery manufacturer Finsbury Food Group sought support before starting its three-year strategy process. The senior team needed trusted, credible help to explore implications and make informed decisions ahead of business planning.
Finsbury Food Group requested IGD’s input following positive feedback and a successful outcome from a similar session in 2018.
The group required high-level insight into the economic, shopper and channel trends impacting UK retail. Senior executives and the group board also asked our strategic facilitation experts to challenge their thinking and assumptions throughout the day.
To deliver maximum value, IGD designed, developed and facilitated a fast-paced one-day session. We gave two interactive, visually stimulating and insightful presentations, covering:
- UK shoppers of today and tomorrow
- Shifting dynamics in grocery retail and food-to-go. This included our UK grocery channel forecasts to 2024
A high-energy, 45-minute workshop followed each presentation. These gave Finsbury Food Group the chance to discuss, consider and analyse the insight. A specialist, senior IGD facilitator encouraged participants to explore its implications for the group.
- A well-informed group, able to create a strategic business plan to drive growth over 2020 - 2022
- A clear vision of the key trends and priority areas
- Strong understanding of current and future UK shoppers and the implications of their behaviour